Office 365 Setup Instructions – iPhone and iPad – Full Exchange (25GB) Account
- If you have already logged onto the Office 365 Portal and set your own password – please skip to step (4)
- Go to http://portal.microsoftonline.com and use your e-mail address and temporary password to logon.
- Set your own password – (please note the minimum requirements).
- On your iPhone or iPad go to “Settings” then “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” and finally “Add Account”
- Select “Microsoft Exchange” as the account type
- Complete the following fields:
- E-mail Address
- Domain – leave this blank
- Username – this is the e-mail address you entered above
- Password – this is the one you set earlier in step (2)
- Description – this is optional, but choose a meaningful name
- If all the entries have been made correctly the setup process will complete.
- Occasionally you may be prompted to enter a server name if the setup process fails at its first attempt. You can determine the server by following these steps:
- Go to http://mail.office365.com and use your e-mail address and password to logon.
- In the top right-hand corner use the black arrow next to the Question Mark to select the drop down list and click on About
- Scroll down the window that opens and find the server name that is repeatedly listed for POP, IMAP and SMTP settings. This is the server to enter if you have been prompted.
- Be sure that “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” are “ON” in the account settings. You may be prompted about deleting the entries on your device. READ THE WARNING CAREFULLY before making your choice.
- By default, only 3 days of e-mail in your Inbox is synchronised. Select your own preferences for which other folders to synchronise as well as how far back emails are kept on your device.
Have more questions? Submit a request